Product review sites are a great way to get started in affiliate marketing. Most of us start our Internet marketing careers with no product to sell or promote, and very little cash to spend on our project. As well, it is difficult, especially when you are just getting started, to come up with ideas or products to promote an affiliate.
Choosing the product review site route has some advantages which will help you fast-track getting product review online with minimal expense.
Some advantages of creating a review site are:
• The products are already there.
• Lots of online stores like Amazon, have affiliate or associate programs.
• It’s relatively easy to check what products are most popular and selling.
• For popular products these usually ample information concerning specifications, shipping details, user reviews, images and other resource material available.
This all adds up to the fact that much of the content already exists, and although you will need to use the information you find as ideas for your site, rather than copy it, the “seed” material is there.
Tips for making your product review site effective:
1. Choose a professional, appealing and easily customizable design for your website.
This is critical. The last thing you want is to have a visitor leave simply because they don’t like the look of your site.
Of course good content still remains the key, but you do what your visitors to stay long enough to at least look at your content.
2. Choose WordPress as a platform for your product review site.
There are SEO and other advantages you will gain by using a WP theme. There are many free WordPress themes and plug-ins which would suit a review site. If you choose a free theme you will have to adapt it to your needs.
Once your site is up and running and you have some income it makes sense to purchase a premium WordPress review theme. A good affiliate WordPress theme can make your site rank higher with the search engines.
3. Write comprehensive informative and unbiased reviews.
It’s not enough just to add to product specifications and dimensions. Make every effort to give your reader as much information as possible about product you are reviewing, so they can find the information they need.
Remember, usually by the time someone looks for a review of the product they’re interested in online, they had already made the decision to purchase a product. Now they want information about various models and or brands.
Write your reviews and a friendly and engaging tone. You need to make your readers feel that you are their friend; here to help them their buying decision.
4. Show as many images of the product as possible.
However, don’t over do it, and male sure they are high quality images. Find images with a white or transparent background so the product is highlighted.
For SEO purposes don’t forget to include alt text using the product name.
Try to include at least one relevant video on your product review site.
5. Make sure you have a comment section for each review so your readers can send you feedback, or ask for more information.
It’s also a good idea to add an “opt in” form to your pages so you can keep your readers updated whenever you do a new product review.
If you choose a professional affiliate WordPress theme and write easy to read reviews, you will soon have many product review sites.
Judith Steen’s internet marketing career involves article writing, using wordpress for product review sites [http://wordpressreviewtheme.co] and some social media platforms. She does admit to being a WordPress junkie!